“After 30 years of proven success, more employers and Higher Education institutions across the globe are choosing BTEC-qualified candidates for their practical knowledge and employability skills.” [Pearson BTEC]
At level four we are currently offering the following qualification:
Pearson Edexcel BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Business (QCF).
“BTECs are career-based qualifications designed to give students the skills they need to move on to higher education or go straight into employment.
Many industry sectors have a set of National Occupational Standards that professionals must follow. The learning content of our BTECs is built around these National Occupational Standards, which is why BTECs are recognised as valuable qualifications by the Standard Setting Body (SSB) and/or Sector Skills Council (SSC) for each industry.” [About BTEC]
Structure of the qualification
Edexcel BTEC Level 4 HNC
The Pearson Edexcel BTEC Level 4 HNC in Business is a qualification with a minimum of 120 credits. The programme must contain a minimum of 65 credits at level 4. The Duration of the course is one year.
|Mandatory units – all eight units must be taken|
|Unit number||Title||Unit Level||Unit Credits|
|2||Managing Financial Resources and Decisions||4||15|
|3||Organisations and Behaviour||4||15|
|5||Aspects of Contract and Negligence for Business||4||15|
|6||Business Decision Making||5||15|
On completion of the HNC, students can progress onto a HND programme.
The Edexcel BTEC Higher National qualifications are accredited on the QCF for learners aged 18 years and over.
Edexcel’s policy regarding access to the qualifications is that:
- qualifications should be available to everyone who is capable of reaching the required standards
- qualifications should be free from any barriers that restrict access and progression
- there must be equal opportunities for everyone wishing to access the qualification.We need to review the profile of qualifications and/or experience held by applicants, considering whether this profile shows an ability to progress to level 4 qualifications.
- all learners who are non-native English speakers or who have not studied the final two years of school in English, can demonstrate capability in English at a standard commensurate with IELTS 5.5, with a minimum of 5.0 being awarded on individual sections for a level 4 qualification.
- for learners who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
- a BTEC Level 3 qualification in business
- a GCE Advanced level profile which demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be
supported by GCSE grades at A* to C
- other related level 3 qualifications
- an Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
- related work experience.
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience (paid and/or unpaid) and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
More details about LCB and our programmes can be found on our main website www.lcbuk.org.